Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Am a Miracle Worker!

Undaunted, fearless knitter that I am ... I decided this morning to try to figure out how to knit a sock on circular needles ...

I scrounged through the stash, dug up some needles, cast on and ... put it down.




I cleaned the bathrooms, walked to the library (took the long way home), went to Costco, got my haircut.... And then picked it up again.


It didn't take me long to figure out this was working up quickly ... So I planted my flowers and wrote up that last blog entry. I am a masterful procrastinator!


Finally I knew I just had to finish this thing. It isn't pretty .... it is a pattern that's meant to be a practice pattern, not a wearable sock. It just so happens that I was using such huge needles and yarn that when I followed this recipe:



I ended up with this sock:

Yes, that' my giant foot in there, fully ensconced within the sock I knit TODAY. And the next time a pattern says "Be sure to check your gauge." I will pay attention. Size DOES matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment