Tuesday, July 29, 2008



Aaah, a day at the beach! Lily and I went to Cornado dog Beach today and had a wonderful time. I packed up our lunches, forgot all of her toys, and we were off!
We met Judy, Rina, and Ricochet there (I wasn't great with the camera, but that's them down there, next to my beach chair!)

And the worst part about having to go back to work tomorrow? The fact that I don't get to spend the day in MY department. Three of us have New Employee Orientation and will be at the City offices all day.

Apparently these people don't know how experienced I am at being a new employee ... they'd probably let me stay home! : ) Truth is, the City of San Diego has a fantastically complicated HR/ benefits / retirement system and it will take at least a day to figure out how best to manage it.

I think I will leave the knitting needles at home, just in case it turns out to be as dull as Notary class!

1 comment: