Monday, March 30, 2009

I Love My "Sisters"!

Ok, you might know that I don't have any sisters at all and just two pesky little brothers to my name. But Friday night was Ladies Night at Two Sisters and Ewe, my favorite yarn shop. It was a fabulously fun time with wool, beautiful pastries, and some beautiful works in progress.

I won a skein of fan-tabulous cotton in the raffle. It is heavenly soft; I am thinking of working it into a summery top ... I'll keep you posted! And best of all, the thing for which the spectacular ladies at Sisters win LYS of the Year ... they helped me wind the hemp into beautiful, (somewhat) workable balls:

Unfortunately, they told me AFTER we wound it that I could have soaked the hanks in water and conditioner to soften them up and remove the starch. Live and learn ... it's the little things that we share that make knitters so special!

Back to work ...

No comments:

Post a Comment