Monday, September 14, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Block If I Want To!

Tobin's sweater is off the needles and ready for a wash 'n block:
Here it is just daintily dipping it's little toes into the cool water:

And a more enthusiastic plunge:
(Sometimes you have to give wool a little push)
Then, finally, after a bit of splashing about,
there's a rather icky little bit of wool gunk left in the water:After some gentle squishing, being rolled in a towel, and a few hours laying flat in front of the fan, we have a soft, almost sweet-smelling sweater ready to snuggle.
I'll have Noah model it after school so you can see!

1 comment:

  1. It's so purty! And sheen-y. Like it would slip softly over one's skin.

    LIES! My body - every last bit of it - hates wool. Skin, eyes, nose, skin - did I mention that one? Even my throat... although that's probably just from copious amounts of hate-juice running from the eyes & nose.

    Unfair. It really is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete