Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cure for Nausea

If you're anything like me, you won't believe this works until someone forces it down your throat and proves otherwise. For those of you smarter than I am, try this the next time your tummy is wobbly ...

Saltines and Coca-Cola.

(Note: If you're anywhere near Mexico and can get your hands on Mexican Coke, that's the very best. They make it using sugar syrup instead of high fructose corn syrup - original Coca Coal recipe.)

Why? Couldn't tell you; all I can say is, "It works." I was suffering from a migraine, which always goes straight to my stomach, when a friend brought saltines and coke and made me take a small sip and a teeny nibble. Another sip, another nibble ...

It's a chemical wonder. In just a few minutes, the mixture had congealed into a solid mass that was the most comforting thing ever! Within 20 minutes I was sitting up in my chair, holding my head up ... CURED!

Go ahead ... try it!!



1 comment:

  1. Lo and behold! I got to use this trick today and it worked! Not quite as quickly as before (but then I suffered for several hours before trying that first time!)

    Woo-hoo! LEt's hear it for holding your head up with your NECK instead of your hands!

    ReplyDelete